March 08, 2010

Big Day

Boyfriend's birthday swiftly approaches. And a big number for him, too. Although I confess I've never put too terribly much energy into the number he now faces, it very clearly and obviously means quite a bit to him. As a result, I find myself searching for ways to make it extra memorable (in good ways). Alas, I feel inadequate as I plan, wanting to offer him the moon and a new house and a trip to Vegas while I'm at it. But being in the pickle I have put myself in, I'll have to content myself with small achievements in the direction of making his birthday a great one. Yet even so I am troubled.

Given that we both are attempting to eat a bit more healthy, should I make him a cake or no? Should I try to put together a surprise party? Give him alone time? Take him to the mountains? Go dancing? And what do I get for him as a gift? Should I make something?

Filled with uncertainty because I wish it to be wonderful, and worried I'll fall short, does not a winning recipe make. So perhaps I shall just breathe deeply, do what I can, and what feels right... and let him have the day he desires.

At least it's on a weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment