January 04, 2010

For Fun and Gaming

Recently I played a Werewolf game and found my character in a rather unenviable position of knowing a Big Bad Awful was coming and the leaders of the city in which she found herself were unwilling to look past protocol to hear her out. Since then a tirade has been burning in my brain and this was as good a forum to let it out as any. Without further ado, the tongue-lashing of Has-No-Name, Lupus Theurge Silent Strider.

"Hear me, o nobles, and leaders of tribes! Hear and hark! Your doom is closer than you know.

"Long have you heard the End Of Times proclaimed. Long have you seen the signs. Long have your advisors whispered that the Apocolypse comes. I bring a different message: it is here; it has opened its eyes and is yawning a wide open maw as I speak to you now. What you saw in the streets today was a mere beginning, a tiny drop in an ocean of terrible power. You squabble and bicker amongst yourselves like cubs, vying for dominance and lording your ranks like proud fools. You know the End comes... but you are blind that you cannot see it is already here.

"Long have I been an outlier of Garou life. Long have the nights been where I hunted in the deepest darkest places for the answers of when and where the Wyrm will strike. And answers I found, at the cost of the packs you hold so dear and homelands in which you feast and gorge. I have no home to call my own. I have no pack to whom I can turn. I am alone in a dark desert of suffering for YOUR benefit... and when I bring the answers to you, I am handled like a willful pup and ignored in favor of your politics and powermongering. One who does not know the answers I do - instead of opening her ears to warnings - allowed her pride to usurp me, and so the caern's heart had your metal and steel and vile stinking fluids poured into it. Another, who preferred to bully and batter as though he were my Alpha... he allowed the bonds to be broken unchecked and the Eldest let loose from beneath the earth.

"I am called a doomsayer and blamed for bringing news too late, 'and too many are already dead' *spit*... but I say to you, it is YOUR hubris and arrogance that shall bring the death of your precious city. I have done my part, and it was tossed aside as a fool who cannot see the worth in a pure seed tosses it away. I was told I go to my death, and none shall remember. What good your memory and songs if there be none left to sing and remember? What good your marks of honor and glory if they are worn like shrouds upon Dancers and Fomor? What good your heraldry and rank if they are but further reason to rape your kin and devour your children?

"I may be doomsayer, I may be impertinent bitch, but you WILL hear these words and know them as truth. YOU did not fight the Wyrm when it came until too many were dead. Where were you when it burst forth from the womb of the Mother? In your precious constructions of steel and concrete? Bowing and scraping to each other and posturing for position in your packs? Fools! Idiots! Throat me, then, if you have no better answer, and lose the answers with my spirit as my life's blood is spilled, but I name thee truthfully cowards and jackals who would rather have the adornments of names and silver than the earth upon which you tread. You have become prideful, and your pride has made you weak, blind, petty, 'civilized lords'... but you will be lords of cesspools and bane pits for your inaction. Protect your city now, for all it is worth, for the Eldest awakens, and you will not be able to stop him if he does."

No comments:

Post a Comment